Monday, December 2, 2013

BROTHER JIMMY'S BBQ


Today's Chubby Kid Adventure takes us to Brother Jimmy's BBQ located at 416 8th Ave, NYC.  I've heard great things about this restaurant, so the Chubby Kid in me wanted to check it out with a fellow foodie friend.

Sliced Brisket Sandwich w. Macaroni and Cheese

My friend chose Sliced Brisket from the Sandwiches part of the menu which comes with one side and he chose the mac & cheese.  Here's his take on his experience in his own words.......
" Brother Jimmy's has a wide selection of BBQ meals to choose from.  Being a red meat lover, I ordered their marbleized brisket, mac n cheese and a side order of fries.  I was brought a generous portion of brisket that was tender and warm.  Not chewy like some places that serves brisket that gives an idea of what leather tastes like!  The fries were your standard fries that you would get from most chain restaurants, nothing to get excited over.  The waitresses though, were healthy looking women with nice southern smiles. That alone is a reason to stop by for a quick lunch."

Pulled Chicken, Sweet Potato Fries, Macaroni and Cheese & Cornbread

 I ordered the Pulled Chicken Platter that came with 2 sides and cornbread.  The chicken was great, it had the right amount of BBQ sauce that it wasn't too wet or soupy.  The sweet potato fries were perfect.  Most restaurants I've been to never make them right.  At Brother Jimmy's, they were just right with a good crisp to them.  And the Pièce de résistance, the Macaroni & Cheese!  I've tried this dish at restaurants and home made but this was the first one ever that tastes just like my mothers.  It was seasoned well with the perfect ratio of macaroni to cheese for the perfect amount of gooeyness...... All in all, it was great.

The atmosphere was great and the wait staff was attentive.  One minor detail that was overlooked for both our dishes, according to the menu our meals were to also be served with pickles.  Neither of us got it but it was no big deal.  I can't wait to go back, there was a Catfish Sandwich that was calling both my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment