Tuesday, December 3, 2013

BAREBURGER


Today's adventure took this Chubby Kid and fellow blogger Amonee to Bareburger.  Located at 149 Court Street, Brooklyn, NY,  I was in foodie paradise!


Blueberry Soda

For those that have never been to Bareburger, in a nutshell it's a build your own burger spot.  You can either choose a "Barest Burger", where you 1.choose your patty/type of protein  2.choose your bun  3.choose your veggies  4.choose your cheese  5.choose your bacon.
Or you can order from the "Bareburger" part of the menu where you  1.choose your style (how you'd like your protein dressed)  2.choose your protein  3.choose your bread.  Amonee and I choose from the Bareburger section of the menu.  The Blueberry Soda (above pic) was amazing.  It was like drinking fresh blueberries with added fizz.

Maui Wowie Elk burger on a Brioche Bun

I wanted to be daring so I decided to try Elk. I paired it with the "Maui Wowie" style where the burger is dressed with: smoked mozzarella, turkey bacon, grilled pineapple, fried onions, fire roasted red peppers and buttermilk ranch.  Sad to say, I didn't like elk.  I felt like Andrew Zimmerman on his show when he tries certain things and say "this tastes gamey".  If I had to put a description to the taste, that's what comes to mind.  The waitress also pointed out on the menu that they suggest which style to pair with which protein.....the chubby kid in me obviously missed that little detail.  They did allow me to change my order without charge.  That's a plus!
Fresh Cut Fries w. 3 Special Sauces

Supreme Bison burger on a Brioche Bun

Amonee chose Bison paired with the Supreme.  The supreme dressing consists of: colby jack cheese, country bacon, chopped fries, onion rings, iceberg lettuce and special sauce.  

Maui Wowie Turkey Burger on a Brioche Bun

So here's my "redo" burger.  I decided to play it safe and chose turkey as my choice of meat still paired with the Maui Wowie dressing.  Now I must also add that I haven't eaten red meat in over 20 years. So maybe that was another reason why I was a little taken aback by the taste of the elk.  
I slaughtered this burger!  lol  I'm a picky eater and would of asked to nix the peppers and onions (as I did in the first pic)  but I went all out and boy was it good.  The turkey was juicy.  The grilled pineapple and roasted peppers kicked this burger up several notches.  Needless to say, not a crumb was left.

In addition to their burger selections on the menu, Bareburger offer salads, sandwiches, Kid "cubby" meals, a breakfast menu, organic beer & wine, sweets (cakes, tarts & milkshakes) and even something for vegans. They pride themselves in offering an all organic menu from the burgers to sandwiches and sourcing local ingredients.   

The Court Street location was very laid back, easy breezy atmosphere and everyone was very attentive. Not only did our server check on us from time to time, so did other servers and the hostess.  I rate Bareburger Court Street a 4 1/2 out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment