Monday, January 6, 2014

Super Chimi Los Primos Food Truck


If this is considered "Dominican Junk Food" as it was labeled by my friend Moreno who happens to be Dominican.. then I am a Dominican junk food addict. 

I was first introduced to the Super Chimi Los Primos food truck after a DXC Sneaker Event by JenTwice which is located at 2306 N.W. 36th Street in Miami, FL. Super Chimi is not just limited to the Chimi they also have other options including carne frita de res, fried cheese, pastelitos, and other delicious sandwiches and treats.

This is a "Chimi" not to be confused with the Argentinian steak sauce Chimichurri but a delicious spin on a hamburger. The actual burger patty is seasoned with garlic, oregano, worcestershire sauce and other seasonings that I must find out in order to make these myself. The bread used is a soft roll that is grilled once the sandwich is assembled. What really makes this burger stand out is the sauce that is the only condiment added to the burger besides very thin shredded cabbage and tomato. The sauce of course is a secret special sauce that I can tell is a mayo/ketchup hybrid but there is more complex flavors in the sauce that I have yet to decipher what they are. This is another recipe that is a necessity in life for me to get my hands on...

No comments:

Post a Comment